For many years atheists used to criticize this likening, but the scientific researches had proved the accuracy of the verses of Qur’an …
Allah almighty says”The likeness of those who take Auliya' (protectors and helpers) other than Allah is as the likeness of a spider, who builds (for itself) a house, but verily, the frailest (weakest) of houses is the spider's house; if they but knew.”[ Sûrat Al-‘Ankabût(The Spider)-verse41],this is a wonderful verse to prove the greatness of the holy Qur’an and to be a clear reply on atheists who claim that the Qur’an is a human made.
Here, we will see that house of the spider is weak not only from the construction point of view but also from the social side.
Spider house is weak
House of the spider is definitely the weakest as all creatures build strong houses to afford bad weather but the spider builds its house in the open area where it is exposed to rain, wind and moisture. And we can find the strangest kind of spiders is that one which lives in water.
this kind of spiders lives under water and gathers bubbles and usethis bubbles to fill the house and it can breath through that house , there are small capillarieswhich cover its body to help in gathering the bubbles….look at the house which is consists of bubbles that can be destroyed under any circumstances!!!
The water spider lives under water and it builds the house by bubbles so it is so weak as it lasts only for houres or days then it is destroyed by any outside factor , after that the spider builds another house and so on , the water spider lives alone all of his life.
The weak engineering
Most of creatures and insects build its houses in 3D designe, but the spider build it in 2D or flat and it get affected by temperature, moistureand wind so the spider may eat its own house to produce another threads to rebuild the house again!!!!
Scientists are thinking to gather large amount of spiders’threads to use it as a protection shields or in the planes industry but they have to gather large number of spiders in one place to produce that amount of threads, the problem is that spiders start to eat each other as they don’t like cooperation or Sacrificing.
The weak family
Mother may eat her husband or sons or any other spider ……!!!!It is only a separated life which is similar to the life of the atheist who onlybelieves in his or her life. That is clear in the life of people in western countries where you find mother and father denies there sons as there is no social communication between any of them.
The social life is weak
All of us know about the society of bees or ants or locusts …..The only creature that lives alone in non-organized societies is the spider. Spider is selfish where ants and bees may defend each other to death.
The marriage is weak
Some species of the spider have very strange life where the wife eats the husband after marriage! So, the husband may run away.
What a miserable marriage. Scientists say that the phenomenon of spider is unique in the life of all living organisms.
Threads are weak
Scientists say that spider’s thread is stronger five times than the steel! Despite that it can easily destroyed, why? Because spider is not able to produce thick threads rather it produces so thin threads as it is ten times thinner than the hair of the head.
Hence, if Allah almighty said “the frailest (weakest) threads”, here a scientific error will be identified but He almighty says:” the frailest (weakest) of houses is the spider's house” and this isthe preciseexpression. Allah says:” And who is truer in statement than Allah?”[ Sûrat An-Nisâ’(The Women)-verse87]
A photo by the microscope for the glands of the spider which produces the silk through special proteins, that silk is in a liquid status and then becomes solid after exposure to air, spider is a magnificent engineer but unfortunately its engineering is so weak
The similarities between the atheist and the spider
• There are 37000 kinds of spiders on earth and scientists are not able to imitate the threads of the spider as that creature has got a magnificent engineering technique in building and designing, exactly the same as atheist who used to do a perfect work in this life but in the hereafter all of his or her works will equal nothingas Allah almighty don’t accept none of those works.Allah says: (And We shall turn to whatever deeds they (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) did, and We shall make such deeds as scattered floating particles of dust)[ Sûrat Al-Furqân(The Criterion)verse 23])
• Scientists say that there is a contradiction in the threads of spider as it is very strong but its house is very weak. the same as atheists as you find them are contradicted in their thoughts , when you ask them who created the universe , the answer is no one or the coincidence but if you told them that no one did produce the car , indeed they will consider it as a fun!!!!!!!
• The sight power of spider is limited to only few centimeters, exactly like the atheist who just sees this life as all things and don’t put the hereafter in his calculations.
• Spiders are aggressive and ravenous creatures and may hurt others by its poison…. The same as atheist who used to distribute his or herpoisons (wrong thoughts and disbelieving) between people.
The thickness of the thread is between 0.001- 0.004 millimeter and it is elastic as it may expand to 140% of its length. Scientists say that thicknessof the thread is 30 times less than the thickness of the human hair , if you want to imagine the relation between human hair and spider thread so you can see the difference between the thread and the cable
Spider life and atheist life
My beloved, we will examine some western statistics which produced by the atheists themselves to compare between the weak life of spiders and the weak life of atheists who believe only in this life and who used to consider the Satan and money as the leaders and gods.
The black widow is one of the most dangerous kinds of spiders as it eats her husband after the sexual intercourse …what a miserable creature
Do you know that in America, each year there are 300000 Cases of rape (American ministry of justice) and there is a rape every two minutes !!!!!!!......this society had lost all social relations… exactly as the spider.
Do you know that 17.6% of the American women were exposed to rape minimum one time in life! And 20% of them are children who are less than 12 years old!!!!And quarter of the university students in America exposed to raping during their studying in university (fisher 2000).
And every 15 seconds there is a raped woman in America (sexually or physically)by a friend or a colleague, also 20% of girls are raped in the teenager period.also raping children is estimated by thousands of cases in that first world according to recent statistics. !!!
We can summarize the miracle of that holy verse”The likeness of those who take Auliya' (protectors and helpers) other than Allah is as the likeness of a spider, who builds (for itself) a house, but verily, the frailest (weakest) of houses is the spider's house; if they but knew.” as following:
1. The holy verse mentioned that the female spider builds the house not the male as Allah says: “who builds (for itself)” not who builds for himself. This scientific reality wasn’t known 1400 years ago at the time of the descending of the Qur’an.
2. The weakest house in the whole nature is the house of spider and this scientific fact wasn’t known at that time.
3. The holy verse determined in a clear sentence that the weakest is the house not the thread which is considered to be a miracle which testifies that this book was descended from Allah the almighty and it is never a human made.
Thanks Allah for the blessing of Islam.
By: Abduldaem Al-Kaheel
 (Full Report of the Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence Against Women, Findings from the National Violence Against Women Survey, November, 2000).
 (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN) calculation based on 2000 National Crime Victimization Survey. Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice).
 (UN Study On The Status of Women, Year 2000).
 (New York Times, 8/01/01).
 National Geographic.
 R.F. Foelix, Biology of spiders, Oxford university press, 1996.
 The Wonders of Spider Silk, www.earthlife.net
 A SPIDER'S WEB, The University of Houston's College of Engineering, www.uh.edu